Process Lasso Portable [DISCOUNT] description
The ultimate process priority and multi-core optimization tool!
Softpedia in association with Bitsum Technologies offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy the Home edition of Process Lasso with a discount. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the Buy Now button; you'll surely notice, the discount has been activated. No coupons, no codes, no questions, no hassle! Get it now, while it's hot!
Process Lasso is a unique new technology that will improve your PC's responsiveness and stability during periods of high CPU load. Windows, by design, allows programs to monopolize your CPU without restraint -- leading to freezes, hangs, and micro-lags.
Process Lasso's ProBalance (Process Balance) technology intelligently adjusts the priorities of running programs so that badly behaved processes won't negatively impact the responsiveness of your PC.
In addition, this application provides several ways for taking full control of how your CPUs will be allocated to running applications.
Here are some key features of "Process Lasso Portable [DISCOUNT]":
· Balance process priorities (or CPU affinities) in a safe, effective manner to improve PC responsiveness during high loads and prevent system stalls and micro-lags. Our technology does NOT do additional foreground boosting, instead it lowers background process priorities where appropriate. Our years of experience have resulted in a highly optimal algorithm duplicated nowhere.
Automated Process Control:
· Set default priorities and CPU affinities, disallow processes from running, and log events on your system
Power Scheme Automation:
· Set the power scheme to automatically change to 'High Performance' when certain processes are running, then change back when they exit
· Terminate, restart, or change CPU affinity when a specified threshold is met
Instance Count Limit:
· Limit processes to a specified number of instances
· Through default CPU affinities and ProBalance affinity adjustments, you can optimize your multi-core processor to make the most efficient use of your CPUs (cores)
No System Registry Values Changed:
· Process Lasso makes NO registry or system setting changes. It does have advanced tools that will enable YOU to make changes if you choose, but we generally do not recommend it (and say so in warnings). Note Process Lasso does store some of its own data in the registry, and we are speaking only of system registry values.
Independent Core Engine:
· This stand-alone background process can run as a normal process or as a service. This 'core engine', named ProcessGovernor.exe, is what actually enforces process rules and ProBalance. It doesn't need the presence of the GUI (main window) at all. This allows for minimal resource utilization.
Minimal Resource Use:
· NOBODY uses less resources for this type of task than Process Lasso. It is written in native C++ and continually refined for maximum efficiency. A native 64-bit build also available. Private memory usage by the core engine is typically under 1MB! (depends on system)
· After a few days, 'Nag' at startup after trial period, quick skip
· After 14 days, advanced features (show below) are disabled
· After 30 days, 'Nag' randomly every 1 of 4 times when you click the Process Lasso system tray, again quick skip nags
What's New in This Release:
· Change.Language: Updated Italian graph legend, which was in the wrong dimensions
· Change.GUI: Changes preparing for next major upgrade
· Change.All: Adjusted critical section spin count for improved performance
View more the latest threads: