Registry First Aid 8.1.0 Build 2032
Registry First Aid scans and corrects registry errors. Your Windows® registry will be always clean and correct. Registry First Aid scans registry for orphan file/folder references, invalid font references, obsolete Start Menu items, invalid fonts, shared DLLs, application paths and more...
Registry First Aid - keep your PC fast and reliable! Registry First Aid scans the Windows registry for orphan file/folder references, finds these files or folders on your drives that may have been moved from their initial locations, and then corrects your registry entries to match the located files or folders. In addition, if your registry has links to files of deleted applications, Registry First Aid will find these invalid entries and remove them from your registry. With Registry First Aid, your Windows registry will be always clean and correct, helping your programs load faster and speeding up your computer.
Tired of Windows® crashing? Sick of having software lock up on you or taking forever to load? The problem could be all of those incorrect registry entries caused by software installations and un-installations that went awry!
Not all software un-installations do a complete job leaving behind numerous nagging file references in the Windows registry pointing to files that no longer exist. In time, you can end up with hundreds of these files that may slow down your computer and cause software to lock up, requiring a hard reboot of your computer.
Also, if you've moved your programs from one drive to another, you can break the file links that a program needs. Registry First Aid will find these files and folders that you've moved on your hard drive and help you correct the registry entries that point to them.
Registry First Aid allows you to:
- find and correct:
· invalid file/folder references
· invalid font entries
· obsolete Start Menu items
· invalid application paths
· invalid registered help files
· invalid shared DLL references
· invalid program references in auto run registry keys
· obsolete and unused software registry entries
· invalid known DLL registry references
· invalid file associations
- search the registry for several strings at once
- defragment registry files
- create registry snapshots, find changes made to the registry and create "undo" and "redo" files for any modified registry key
- review folders where invalid registry keys refer
- review registry entries with RegEdit where invalid items reside
- create full registry backups before any changes, so you can always restore your Windows® registry to its initial state
- create small registry backups of modified registry entries, so you can always restore only modified entries
- restore any particular modified registry entry to its initial state
- search for a modified registry entry in all backup files
- save the list of found invalid entries into a text file
- print the list of found invalid entries
- schedule automatic registry scan
Platinum version also allows to control auto-run programs, installed software, "Open With.." dialog, Browser Helper Objects (BHO), Internet Explorer menus and toolbars. Registry First Aid works with Windows® 2000/2003/XP/Vista and the new Windows 7 (64-bit and 32-bit).
Registry First Aid 8.0 is a big step forward for us and is faster, safer and more effective, yet more intuitive for users, than any previous release.
New in version 8.1.0:
- fixed bug: on some computers RFA raised error when compressing the registry;
- fixed bug: last registry scan date was not remembered if no search for correction was done;
+ setup will now detect previous major version installed and ask if user wants to uninstall it;
- fixed bug: "Restore from .reg files" window did not load it's size and position from common settings;
- fixed bug: "Legend" window did incorrectly show "search" image at the "safe" risk level item;
- fixed bug: Platinum features were not shown in registered standard version and cannot be enabled from the Advanced Settings;
- fixed bug: RFA did not update window caption after changing interface language;
- fixed some inteface font problems under 120 dpi screen resolution (large fonts);
+ decreased size of RFA installation file;
+ Registry Search feature now has list of excluded registry keys under the Advanced Settings;
+ Excluded Registry Keys settings now have new selection list for excluded categories - with pictures;
* some language translations are updated;
* some help topics are updated;
* Legend window is now more clear - it draws error category items in bold.
Download | 5.90MB
View more the latest threads: